Friday, May 13, 2016

"The Ballad of Paul Ryan"


A POEM

Hedging his bets
Expressing his doubts
To show you his fairness
He's ready to shout!

"Don't force me to choose
between Donald and Hillary,
I was placed here to prove
my impartiality!

Dems and Repubs,
Repubs and Dems,.
Why am I unable to
choose between 'em?

You say I was put
in my House chair so lofty?
By those who're leading
or controlling the party?

I admit that yes,
of course this is true.
I wait to be told by the big boys
just what to do!

Preibus and Perry,
Jindal and Huck,
Have already caved
to the inevitable Trump.

Not to back Trump at this stage
would be quite the sin.
Thus I dance and I sway
and I twist in the wind.

So what do I do?
What do I say?
I'm pushed by my puppetmasters
every which way!

Support Donald Trump?
Bill Kristol says NO!
If I do Mitt Romney
says I should go.

Exactly how perplexing this is
has been shown.
For someone like me
with no mind of his own!

If I knew what to do,
you know I'd be lying."
Such is the dilemma
of being Paul Ryan.

-King Wenclas
***

If you like the writing, pick up the freshly-updated new ebook,
Trump and the Populist Revolt
available for only $2.99 via Kindle or Nook Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment